Tuesday 30 November 2010

Day two - Tuesday 30th november

Day two - Tuesday 30th November 2010
8.00 reading and homework with Rachel
8.30 school run
9.00 morning prayer
10.00 launch of 'going deeper' at church
12.00 trustee duties 4preschool 
1.30 lunch
3.30 meeting to review jointly presiding liturgies
5.00 school run from club
6.30 Rachel bed
7.00 take miscarriage association call

Today looked like a very relaxed one and yet this evening I am exhausted.  It started as normal, I even got another 10 Christmas cards written first thing.  After morning prayer I went to the Launch of our "going deeper" year - encouraging people to look at their faith and life in a deeper way and see what changes they might want to make.  It was an interactive session and fantastic, but tiring for my mind since I was paired with a seeker who had a lot of questions.  Great to have had the opportunity to walk with him though.

I went from that to preschool, where I am chair of the charity, checking on staffing (illnesses), christmas fundraising things and general management issues.

After lunch I had a meeting with vicar about how we jointly preside at the family and all-age services, we are trying to make it work better.  It was interesting that in fact he is happy (keen) for me to do more and that's fine with me.

I then had a lie down and nap for an hour before getting Rachel home and curling up on the sofa with her.  I'm
Not sure why I'm so exhausted, probably still recovery from pneumonia, but am going to go to bed early

No comments: