Wednesday 12 January 2011

What a difference a month makes

It's been six weeks since my last ministerial supervision with my vicar, what a difference a month makes!

Rather than feeling nervous and wary and, very unlike me, timid; I felt confident and knew what I wanted to talk about today.  In fact, for the first time ever, we set out the things we wanted to cover and made sure we got through them all.

It's funny, in my previous life I ran well planned meetings efficiently, ensuring that outcomes were achieved.  But ministry has been so far outside my comfort zone that supervisions have been an alien creature.  Until now, finally I seem to be able to look at my ministry professionally.  Halleluia.

Ninety minutes flew past and at the end I was shocked how much we'd covered, how many decisions had been made, how many of my thoughts had been useful and how open my vicar is to my ideas.  I can really see how my ministry is changing and how I am becoming ever more confident to follow where God leads me.

No comments: