Friday 18 February 2011

God at Kwik fit

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I have spent an hour this morning at kwik fit having my tyres replaced, not something I enjoy because it costs a fortune, but hey.   Whilst I was waiting I was tweeting and emailing and doing my daily bible reading on my iPhone, I don't waste opportunities like this to catch up.  

I hadn't really noticed a mature lady sitting next to me until she said "that looked like a cross on your phone screen, what are you reading?". So I told her I was reading my bible.  
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She was amazed that I had a bible on my phone but equally surprised that I read it every day.  So we got chatting and God got into the conversation.  It turns out she lost her faith a decade or so ago and stopped reading her bible then. She asked me what I got from my daily reading and I told her I learned more about my faith, about God and mostly about me and how I live my life.

From this she started asking what I do in life and I told her about motherhood, volunteering and being an LLM.  She told me about her life at my age which was surprisingly similar.  It was lovely to share.

Her tyres were ready before mine and when she left she said "I think we were meant to meet today, I think I might dig out my bible".  

Wow, I would not have picked Kwik Fit to see God at work!

3 comments:

Anne said...

How brilliant! Treasure such moments! We don't have to 'go out to convert people'. Just take the opportunity to talk about faith when someone asks. God is already at work, we just have to be ready to assist!

Red said...

yay! love it when God works like this. He can use every opportunity....!
redx

ramtopsrac said...

Fantastic! What a wonderful testimony to God's work in the ordinary world!