Friday 8 April 2011

PCC must vote on women bishops

We had a PCC meeting this week, a really good one; but it has me fearful for the next one especially because I won't be there. At the next pcc meeting in June we must vote on the details of women bishops.

Now I am fully in favour, and most people I know are in favour. But not everyone by any means. And let's face it, even those of us who are happy might well have different ideas of how to manage the change and help those in our church, and others, who don't or can't accept it.

I am sure our PCC will have a mature discussion with facts and thoughts and emotions shared; I think it'll be fantastic. So what's my issue? Mainly that I can't be there and so won't be party to it all. And let's face it, I'd like to share and hear.

I am fascinated by how people who are positive about our female clergy might feel about female bishops, I'm sure there'll be some surprises, who knows.

I will be even more interested in the next PCC voting requirement; the covenant. But I'll leave that for later.

No comments: