Thursday 30 June 2011

A Diary Balancing Act

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The work I'm doing is all defined 
My diary is neat and nicely planned
The time slots are carefully allocated
With relaxation methods all selected

But then there's an emergency
I'm needed with great urgency
One rest slot after another
Gobbled up as I'm the called to others

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining
Just sharing how my diary's straining
I'm called to this, I find the time
But eventually I get the sign

The sign, that I need to rest
To take some time, regain my zest
Exhaustion strikes, I wake up weary
Not on my knees, my pretty nearly

This is when I make the time
To prioritise and draw the line
I get my diary back in hand
Balance it again as originally planned

I know it might only last four weeks
Maybe a term if I'm on a good streak
But each time I learn a little better
How to care for me as well as others

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Brokenleggedlamb said...

You took the words out of my mouth there! I never even used to have a diary until I started training for LLM - now its filling up as fast as I can write!

Learning to say 'No' without feeling guilty is an extremely valuable exercise - often learned the hard way.