Friday 9 September 2011

Pre conference ponderings

I am at All Saints Pastoral Centre in Hertfordshire awaiting the start of the Diocese of Oxford Licensed Lay Ministers conference 2011.  I am not particularly thrilled to be here, but it's mighty hard to put my finger in why.

Certainly I'll miss Rachel and Mike and that's a factor.  I know I won't sleep well and that's never great for a weekend.  There's a fabulous speaker coming to St Nics this Sunday and I'm seriously disappointed to be missing it.

Then there's the subject of the conference itself "The Bible Today"; it just doesn't fill me with anticipation.  I'm sure I'll learn a lot and have much to reflect on (watch this space) but the title leaves me uninspired.

I have been praying for enthusiasm but it's not arrived; but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I'll be back, hopefully excited.

No comments: