Sunday 26 February 2012

26th February 2012 Mark 1:9-15


The Baptism and Testing of Jesus
At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.  Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.  And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”  At once the Spirit sent him out into the wilderness,  and he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was with the wild animals, and angels attended him.

Jesus Announces the Good News
After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.  “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”


I always thought that the lent should be a period of suffering, being like Jesus in the wilderness.  But the more Lents I live through the more I realise it's about dealing with big things in your life.  

Lent's about looking at yourself and the way you are being tempted away from God's path for you.  Lent's about travelling with the angels and knowing they're protecting you whilst you deal and heal.

I pray for myself and you all this lent as we journey through our pain and temptation; may the angels hold our hands and the healing be achieved at Easter.  Amen

No comments: