Wednesday 22 February 2012

#cyblessings 22nd February 2012

Only 15% of the world’s population live in countries that enjoy a free press.

How disturbing is that? 
I get crazy mad with our press sometimes but I'm mighty thankful that we have it.  There are a dozen national papers, local papers, television, radio and internet news agencies.  If anything we might have too much news but when I think that 15% have none I will never again complain.

This also makes me think about blogs and how perhaps they have a much more important role than any of us realise.  Blogs are still under-valued and mis-understood by the power houses in the world.  My hope today is that this means that they are accessible in those places where there is no press.

Christian Aid is asking us to give 10p for every paper we read this week.  I rarely read a paper but I read many articles. I've just gone through my internet history and so far today I've read 19 articles so this is me committing to donate £2.00 for my reading of our free press today alone.

No comments: