Sunday 26 February 2012

Do you stand out from the crowd?

How can you not smile at this picture, it's just wonderful.  I love giraffes but I'd love them even more if they suddenly burst out in a show of colour. 

I know it's not great evolutionarily to stand out from the crowd, especially if it makes you more obvious to your hunters or less attractive to the opposite sex.  But I've never liked to blend into the background; it's just not me.  Don't get me wrong, there are times when I long to be invisible, but mostly I am a bit of a drama queen and like to be noticed, especially if it's for something I've worked hard at.  I like to try new things and break new ground and start new projects.  I'm not your girl for the slow and steady work, I get bored easily and will start looking for new challenges.

Of course God knows all this and so He calls me to a ministry which uses my inability to stand back and blend in.  He uses my personality to be obvious and seen and out there.  I might not be tall and elegant but I certainly am colourful in my own way.

So do you stand out from the crowd? 
Do you stand up for what you believe in?
Does God call you to stand out for your Him?

I would suggest He does, it's just a case of finding out how He calls you to stand out as yourself.

No comments: