Monday 3 December 2012

Today and every day

Yesterday the Sunday Challenge at real toads was: write a poem with the rhyme pattern ababa and the syllabic rhythm 6,8,8,4,10.

I was completely terrified by the idea of writing to prescription, but once I found my muse it came together and I think it works.

Today and every day
No matter how I might feel
My gorgeous girl provides a way
That's always real
I love you she'll come to me and convey

At night or in the day
She'll bring me a wonderful cheer
It might be while we're at play
I need not fear
A gift from her heart to mine, in her way

No words needed each day
It's given more subtly than that
Through pictures or action display
Perhaps a pat
Or a cuddle as she's heading away


3 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love these words. You chose a wonderful subject for your poem, and the syllable count and rhyme flowed very naturally.

Ella said...

I love the idea and the art work that accompanied your poem~
Great form...I'm still working on mine!

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hey