Monday 29 November 2010

Day one - Monday 28th November

Day one - Monday 29th November 2010
8.00 reading and homework with Rachel
8.30 school run
9.00 morning prayer
10.00 coffee with friend
11.30 renew driving license
12.00 trustee duties @preschool
1.00 lunch
2.00 answer emails
2.30 listening to reading @school
3.30 school run
3.45 Rachel has friend to play/tea
4-7 take miscarriage association calls
4.00 collate ideas for christingle liturgy modernisation
5.30 dinner
6.30 Rachel bed
7.00 evening as a couple (sacrosanct once a week!)

Wow, this was a quiet day and yet when it's written down it doesn't seem that way.  I had a lovely time with friend this morning, made me realise the value of scheduling time to do that.

Preschool duties involved paperwork - I hate it and would like to recruit a vice chair to help spread the load and also be a successor.  Emails were not as bad as usual and included a new trustee opportunity for me to reflect on.  

Listening to reading at school was very different - one child was reading a Noah inspired story and asked me to tell the "proper Noah story, you know about the bible"; so a short version was told and she was thrilled.  Another child told me she doesn't have anyone to listen to her at home and she is looking forward to next week to have her time with me.  Who would have thought that something as simplexes volunteering 45minutes a week could be so important.

I have a few ideas for christingle liturgy and look forward to making the changes and seeing it work in a few weeks time.  Hope vicar likes my ideas tomorrow.

I took 2 calls from miscarriage sufferers today, sometimes I have none, sometimes a dozen; what matters is that I am here if someone needs to talk.

And so now it's my evening off.  mike and I have always (tried to) had friday nights held sacrosanct but this week is his Xmas party so we've moved it to today.  In reality our couple time has been abandoned recently through busyness (mostly mine) but we are trying to get them back.

One day down, six more to go. 

No comments: