Monday 3 June 2019

Blind Bartimaeus: my blind reflection



“Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.”
Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

Mark 10:52





My brief reflection on the healing of blind bartimaeus is that it was more about the healing of his spiritual sight than of his physical sight. That we're all too blind to fully see the true majesty, wonder and glory of God.

Since becoming blind I've also come to realise the blessing that sight loss has been to me in my relationship with God. I have to rely on him now, I can't rely entirely on myself any more; ever single day I am thankful to the holy spirit for guiding me and for Jesus's teaching of patience and for God's love in my life. Without my sight loss I never would have experienced these blessings. Blindness has healed my blind heart.

No comments: