Wednesday 28 October 2020

Waiting, waiting, waiting on waiting

This is a poem I wrote a few years ago which seems even more important in these covid times.  So.... I've recorded myself reading it


Waiting. Waiting

Waiting on waiting

Life's next adventure

Could just be passing


Rather than waiting

I should be squeezing

Every opportunity coz

Life's to be living


But life's not like that

Not mine anyway

I'll hit a stop sign

Sometimes literally


Road diverted

Route disrupted

Traffic light red

Danger ahead


Again I'm waiting

Waiting on waiting

For answers to questions

For new life solutions


Sometimes the waiting

Involves a slowing

(Might look like waiting)

If you're not concentrating


But in this waiting

There's action brewing

Internally learning

Adjusting my living


In the waiting

I'm learning

I'm growing

I'm living

No comments: