Sunday 26 April 2009

The Decision

It was 10 days, 10 long hard excrutiating days until I heard that I had been approved, selected to become a Licensed Lay Minister. Every day I was on tenderhooks for the postman; every time the phone rang I hoped it would be the news. It was torture and it was another period of learning; it is not in my time, it's in Gods time. I was stripped of any semblance of ego, I was in His hands.

It was a wonderful phone call to receive, I could hardly believe it. I told Rachel and she flew into my arms shouting "Mummy's going to be a minister for God".

Everyone was unsurprised, unlike me. There was joy and happiness all round. From that day on in March 2009 I was a Licensed Lay Minister (in training)

2 comments:

thesamesky said...

Yay! How wonderfully exciting! Now you have to remember that when times are tough ... you HAVE been called, you ARE meant to be doing this ... that sort of thing! ;)

LLM Calling said...

exactly, I got all the positivity flowing through me again just writing it down.