Tuesday 28 April 2009

What happens now?

So now I am in training, except I am in limbo because I can't start a course in earnest this term when I am still completing my counselling course. However I have managed to squeeze in 2 one day courses on saturdays in June; the first on "Preaching", the second on "Being an LLM - Introduction to Ministry".

Until then I am giving up as many roles and responsibilities as I can to ensure that I have 15 hours a week available to attend courses, read around and write assignments/sermons. I have so far managed to give up Vice Chair of PCC, agree not to take on any actions at PCC, agree to reduce my sermon slots once I complete the preaching course and also reduce the sessions I volunteer for LinkLine. I have am staying on the pastoral care group and continuing to lead the Children and Young People's group because these are directly linked to my calling, but even there I am not taking on extra responsibilities. It has been hard, I am a do-er not a watcher and I feel as if I am letting people down but as I have been told "short term changes now mean that long term you can do what you are called to do".

The final thing I am waiting for is the name of my mentor; I am looking forward to meeting whoever agrees to the role and figuring out what training I will do and when.

so this is life in limbo and I have to go because my first job (mum) requires me to join in the game of "looking after the babies"

No comments: