There are traditionally 14 Stations of the Cross, following pictures or sculptures. Sometimes there is a 15th station showing Jesus' resurrection.
At St Nics the stations are provided on tiles around the church by the windows, well worth a look at.
Here is a different picture of the stations which I like
1. Jesus is condemned to death
2. Jesus is given his cross
3. Jesus falls the first time
4. Jesus meets His Mother
5. Simon of Cyrene carries the cross
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls the second time
8. Jesus meets the daughters of Jerusalem
9. Jesus falls the third time
10. Jesus is stripped of His garments
11. Crucifixion: Jesus is nailed to the cross
12. Jesus dies on the cross
13. Jesus' body is removed from the cross
14. Jesus is laid in the tomb and covered in incense.
Tonight we will journey with Jesus through the stations as part of the Holy Week services.