Sunday 20 October 2013

Little flower #thanbauk

Small bud on wing
To me sing now
You bring me love

This was written for the "Little Ones" episode #6 from Carpe Diem; it is a Burmese poetry form called 'Thanbauk'.

It consists of three lines of four syllables each. Traditionally, they are full of humour. It also has a rhyme in it. The rhyme is on the fourth syllable of the first line, the third syllable of the second, and on the second syllable of the third.

X X X A
X X A X
X A X X


Posted via Blogaway

7 comments:

Chèvrefeuille said...

Awesome thanbauk Emma. I hadn't heard of this poetry form, but I like it a lot.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with this lovely poem. It is harder than it looks to write. You painted a great picture!

glynis rankin said...

This was beautiful!

joanne said...

well done....(way better than mine)...not sure I am so crazy about this form, but you got it right!

brudberg said...

Great and sweet thanbauk...

moondustwriter said...

a beautiful note
very clever

Sun said...

I love the poster you made of your Than Bauk. Well crafted and great presentation.