Monday 3 August 2020

Midnight stalked my soul



Sixteen years ago
I doubted I'd ever survive
Thought my heart would never heal
When our boy Kendi died

Every day turned dark
Midnight stalked my soul
Even time down by the sea
Couldn't stop the tears fall

Hope was swept away
My breath caught in my chest
Days interminable
The greatest of life's tests

The only relief I found
Was bathing myself in music
Singing my tears away
Brought relief therapeutic

All these years have passed
But still the hurt is raw
I'm mother to my girl
But also four boys more
.
.

I didn't know that I was going to write about my baby boys who died before birth when I started thinking about music, but somehow it happened. Grief is a strong emotion right now in this first year since mum died and the grief of the boys has become greater as a result. It's good to be able to write to process some of this

No comments: