Friday 19 August 2011

Why I'm going to Greenbelt 2011

Photobucket

I have been trying to write this blog post for weeks; to sum up why I am going to Greenbelt 2011, but the words have refused to come. To be honest I'm still not sure what I'm going to write now I sit here, but I won't let that stop me!

I guess there are three reasons I'm going:

1 - I wouldn't miss the spiritual lifts it gives me for the world
It's as simple as that, I get a huge spiritual lift from Greenbelt; from the atmosphere, the talks, the sharing together; and it buoys me for months afterwards.

2 - It's a church social event
We go on mass, eleven families this year I think. We camp together, those who are under canvas that is; we eat together, we laugh together, we support each other and we gain something together as a church.

3 - I have fun
Pure and simple fun; with Rachel, with friends, with strangers; we have fun.

This time next week we'll have our tents up, I hope, and be exploring Greenbelt 2011: Dreams of Home; I can't wait.

1 comment:

Glen said...

Hi Emma

(This is Emma - emailing from her hubby's google account, in case you're confused)

Hope you have a great time - and looking forward to hearing how you get on. Great opportunity to spend time with other families instead of the rush of Sunday mornings too.