Tuesday 24 February 2015

Daily Lectionary in Poetry Saturday 21st February 2015


Psalm 25:1-10

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, in you I trust;
    do not let me be put to shame;
    do not let my enemies exult over me.
3 Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame;
    let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
4 Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all day long.
6 Be mindful of your mercy, O Lord, and of your steadfast love,
    for they have been from of old.
7 Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
    according to your steadfast love remember me,
    for your goodness’ sake, O Lord!
8 Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
9 He leads the humble in what is right,
    and teaches the humble his way.
10 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness,
    for those who keep his covenant and his decrees.

________________________________________________________

I lift my soul to you
To you my God
I trust you in all you do
I trust you my God
Protect me from it all
From my enemies
And their ways
Protect me my God
Lead me in your truth
Lead me and I'll follow
Teach me your ways
And I will learn from sorrow
Forget my previous mistakes
In love know my searching
I am humble before you
Oh God lead me in your love

_________________________________________________________

Matthew 9:2-13

Jesus Heals a Paralytic
2 And just then some people were carrying a paralysed man lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” 3 Then some of the scribes said to themselves, “This man is blaspheming.” 4 But Jesus, perceiving their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? 5 For which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Stand up and walk’? 6 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he then said to the paralytic—“Stand up, take your bed and go to your home.” 7 And he stood up and went to his home. 8 When the crowds saw it, they were filled with awe, and they glorified God, who had given such authority to human beings.

The Call of Matthew
9 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth; and he said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed him.

10 And as he sat at dinner[a] in the house, many tax collectors and sinners came and were sitting[b] with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12 But when he heard this, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.”

________________________________________________________

They brought forth a man
Who lay on a bed
He couldn't move
Much more than his head

When Jesus saw them come
He forgave them all
Then some of the scribes
Accused him of more

Which do you find easier
Jesus did ask
Forgiving sins
Or getting him to walk

Before they could answer
He instructed this man
Get up and walk
And his new life had begun

All those who saw it
Told everyone
Rejoicing they followed
As he ate with a taxman
_________________________________________________________

No comments: