Saturday 2 April 2016

Bladder Problems #AtoZofMS #poetry #AtoZChallenge


Bladder Problems

It's not pretty
It's not glamorous
And let's be clear
It's not humorous
But I'm sad to say
It's common place
For those of us
With MS

The sudden need
With little warning
The awful risk
If we are coughing
The endless trips
With no results
The social pressure
For adults

This B is boring
This B is bad
This B isn't going
This B makes me sad
This B is embarassing
This B is annoying
This B is real
This B isn't going


Bladder problems are one
of the most common symptoms
reported by people with multiple sclerosis
and they can have a big impact
on many aspects of life.

Find out more about MS at
MS Trust A to Z

Donate to MS Trust

I'm also writing an
A to Z of Blessings at LLM Calling

Find other blogs posting their A to Z this April 2016 

10 comments:

Gulara Vincent said...

Powerful poem, Emma, we need to voice these things however embarrassing they may appear. Besides I suspect, childbirth and other conditions can cause it too, so there are many people who suffer in silence.

Mars said...

Love your blog, one of the things I like about the A to Z Challenge is coming across blogs I would not have found otherwise.

I didn't know about the bladder problems related to MS, I do have friends who have issues due to other conditions, they always have to double think about everything they do based on toilet availability, and so many places just don't have enough available toilets.

In my day job I drive about a lot, so the opportunity to use bathrooms depends a lot on knowing where the local supermarkets are etc. When I met up with a plumbing contractor we were swapping best toilet locations!

Mars xx
@TrollbeadBlog from
Curling Stones for Lego People

Leslie Moon said...

Its the honesty about MS that matters. Its great for you to give people an inside look.
I hope you enjoy the April A to Z challenge. Thanks so much for visiting me.

Monique Nelson said...

This is such a great poem, for so many reasons! It is incredibly well written, and flows so smoothly! It is rare to hear such a topic presented in a format that is both attention-grabbing and light-hearted. I think surprising people out of their reverie is a great way to call attention to a problem that so many people suffer from in silence and embarrassment. It doesn't have to be that way! Thank you for sharing this - I am truly looking forward to reading what comes next in the challenge!

Roland Clarke said...

B is my Betrayal... and a 24/7 problem for me. Poem says it so well. :-(

Emma Major said...

Exactly, it's one of the last taboos and because of that it's hard to get people to ask for support.

Emma Major said...

I love the idea of drivers sharing toilet knowledge. There's a great website starting which provides the locations of all disabled toilets and it's really helpful.

Emma Major said...

I hope it raises awareness, thanks for visiting

Emma Major said...

Thank you for reading and for your lovely comments. I hope the poems continue to flow it's not guaranteed to always go so well.

Emma Major said...

Sorry :( but at least none of us are alone xx