Monday 11 April 2016

Immune System #AtoZofMS #AtoZChallenge #poetry


Immune System
The immune system is the body's main defence against infections or other foreign substances.


Every day
In many different ways
I feel unwell

Go down with a cold
I'm brought to my knees
Bed please

Immune system
STOPS
No more to give

No lightweight
This is life with MS
Must rest

If you have a
Virus, then let me know
I must stay clear



The immune responses cause inflammation which is fine in most people,
but not for those with MS.  Inflammation causes yet more damage of tissue which makes MS symptoms even worse.


Find out more about MS at
MS Trust A to Z

Donate to MS Trust

I'm also writing an
A to Z of Blessings at LLM Calling

Find other blogs posting their A to Z this April 2016 

1 comment:

Lily Jo said...

I admire anyone who can write haikus as I find them notoriously difficult to do. But writing them about MS, I take my hat off to you.
Just read through your posts and as someone with 4 auto-immune illnesses, including MS, each one resonates with me.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of the challenge. :)