Wednesday 23 February 2011

Fix You

Five hours in the car in motorway traffic jams. Umpteen games of I-spy, 20 questions, I went shopping and guess who. Listening to stories being read to me, making up stories for her. And then the quiet of a snoozing child.

I guess the conversation with Rachel this morning about my miscarriages was still with me, even after blogging about it; I was deep in thought and memory and then this song came on.

Coldplay live at Gladtonbury sing Fix You

Fix You

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you



I have been working so hard on the urge to "fix" me, them and everyone; but in the last year that need in me has been fixed and I now walk alongside rather than try to do anything. This song will always speak to me, but not in the soul torturing way it did.

No comments: