Monday 28 February 2011

God loves all, even us.

And by us I refer to the body of Christians in the UK who deem to speak on behalf of all Christians regarding homosexuality. Thankfully God loves them too. God does not discriminate against those who discriminate. Nor do I think society does, it is merely stopping those who do.

I am so fed up with the constant media prevalence of christian groups who loudly voice heir prejudiced views about the right of homosexuals to practice their live for each other, marry or adopt children. But more than that, I am angry that these same Christian groups are now complaining that Christians are not allowed to foster if they are openly discriminative towards the LGB community.

God loves us all!
Straight or gay
Black or White
Accepting of all others or not

And yes, this is the same issue as racism and slavery were; they were backed up by biblical verse too, and were also inappropriate and unacceptable. And so I believe history will frown on those who persecute the LGB community. And I do not want to be lumped in with them.

I am a Christian mum, a passionate Christian mum; I bring up my child with a strong Christian grounding. I explain all nature of difficult things to her including God, Crucifixion, Resurrection, evolution, love, marriage and yes, homosexuality. She's 5, I clearly don't go into any details; but she knows that two people can live each other and choose to spend their lives together whether they are man and woman, two men or two women.

Why do I tell her this?
For two main reasons:
1- she will encounter gay relationships and I want her to be accepting and aware of this as part of one way of living as adults.
2- I want her to know that if she discovers herself to be gay, or one if her friends, then that is just fine with me and with God

So yes, I think it is imperative that foster Carers will not openly discrminate against anyone; surely that doesn't mean openly accepting an LGB lifestyle, but being open to discuss the issues with a child and nurture them.

There you go, that's my tuppence worth, a balance to the endless articles I've been reading today complaining that society is discriminating against Christians. No, society is discriminating against those who discriminate.

1 comment:

Perpetua said...

Great post, Emma. I agree with every word.