Monday 6 June 2011

Top 5 Decisions I'm glad I made

.....with God

1. To Listen
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I long for the time before listening to God, it can be inconvenient when His plans on my life conflict with my own.  But mostly I am extremely glad that I started to listen, continued to listen and keep listening.

2. To trust
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Yes, it was a decision to trust God to lead me.  I'm not good on trusting.  I prefer to rely on myself.  But God requires my trust in Him and I desperately try to do my part.

3. To like me
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It has taken me 35 years and it's a work in progress, but I am really starting to accept and like 'me' just as me.  To hear that I'm good enough.  To know that God chooses me as I am.  It's hard to hear, hard to accept, hard to know; but I'm getting there.  

4. To take time
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I am happy being busy.  I like to be occupied.  Just look at how much I blog.  But I am learning that I need to make time for me, which means taking time whenever I can.  I now value this time.  I value it for me, for Mike, for Rachel.  I value this time to energise myself and allow me to think and reflect and just be.  I appreciate the time I now take for me, and I'm so glad for being taught how.

5. To blog
When I started blogging I thought it would be a record of my calling, selection, training and ministry.  Nothing more.  Three years on I am amazed at how therapeutic blogging is to me, how many people read my ramblings and how much I value the community I have met through it.  I am even starting to think of my blog as part of my ministry, but I don't want to get carried away.

-----------
Thanks for this blog post go to This weeks Listography by KateTakes5.  Please visit her post and list here

1 comment:

Red said...

wow your list is surprisingly similar to what mine would be!!
red x