I believe .... In the Holy Spirit
The spirit is within us, amongst is, bringing God's presence to us and the world.
We shouldn't be surprised that when God turns up and does things it's often a bit strange. Pentecost itself must have been mighty weird.
We can cope with weird, can't we?
The holy spirit is tasked with bringing about God's purpose in the world, for the Glory of the Lord. Sometimes that might happen in worship, or in prayer, or in the car.
To put our trust in the spirit might mean:
- bathing in God's grace in action
- feeling the breath of God
- knowing the life of God within us and reflecting the life of God in the church in the world
- receiving the promise of the journey in faith, the spirit is the sign of God's love everlasting
- accepting the gifts of the spirit, empowering ordinary people to do extraordinary things
- seeing the holy spirit as part of the body of God
We need the spirit in our lives and can pray for more outpouring of the spirit into the hearts of all those who have not felt the joy and love of God.
Everything we are is powered by the love, life and spirit of God.
All that is good in our lives is a gift.
The people we are as God made us is the gift He gave us. We are tasked with sharing that out.
God longs for us to use our gifts for the good of our churches and the benefit of our communities.
Points for reflection
What does it mean to say I believe in the holy spirit? It means to seek life, be a gift and celebrate the giftedness of others.