Thursday 1 October 2009

Power of Prayer

This is a post out of sequence and a little bit off subject but I feel it's important to share it.

Rachel has been really ill this week with asthma, she has had a couple of episodes with blue lips and we had to call the doctor out in the middle of the night on Tuesday night because she couldn't catch her breath properly. The doctors were great, they gave me advice on upping her ventolin inhaler and how much paracetomol I could give her, I can't fault them. But this didn't do anything for her fear, and I know from my own asthma that if you can stay calm then the attacks are much easier to manage.

So I prayed. I prayed whilst I held her, I prayed whilst she slept, I prayed with her when she was awake. And then she asked me if we could go to church and have Neil pray for her. So we went to the Wednesday morning Eucharist and afterwards Neil prayed with her. During the service she was wheezing and just curled up with me, but within 5 minutes of laying on of hands she was wondering around and asking to eat cake (not even chocolate had tempted her for 3 days before this).

I leave it to you to draw conclusions, but it is all too much of a coincidence for me. I have never myself experienced the immediate effects of prayer, but for Rachel something happened.

Amen

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Emma,

The power of prayer and the holy spirit working in this is not a coincidence, it is a demonstration that God's receives our prayers and answers them.

I am delighted that Rachel has made such a recovery and will pray that she keeps well.

Ernest