Saturday 26 May 2012

Carrot Gazpacho

It's hot and sunny which means I want to be outside enjoying it. I also want meals that are easy to prepare and on the cool side; I can't stand eating hot food when I'm hot! Apart from salads, which are perfect food, I've experimented with some cold soups - gazpacho if you're posh - and here's my favourite.

Ingredients:
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 6 carrots - cleaned (not peeled) and chopped
- 1 large potato - cleaned and chopped
- 500ml of water

Method:
1. Add the carrots and garlic to a pan and dry fry lightly
2. Add the potato and water
3. Put on the lid and boil for 10 minutes
4. Blend together
5. Refrigerate
6. Eat cold

All three of this enjoyed this for lunch, there's not many of my elimination meals that even Rachel will wolf down; it's definitely a hit in our house.

No comments: