Tuesday 15 January 2013

Growing up

Mum, could I have
My hair different
More up
Less .... you know
More, well, more
More glamorous

Mum could I have
Some make up
More eyes
Less .... you know
More, well, more
More beautiful

Mum could I have
A new bedroom
More my space
Less .... you know
More, well, more
More mature

Xxxxxx

I've just realised how quickly Rachel is growing up and how she's wanting to move herself on in the way she looks and how she presents herself.  It's amazing but tinged with sadness about the stages left behind. 

Linked up at Wednesday words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, this is how it starts, but be happy, at least she's still along your permission and opinion :)

Unknown said...

This is a lovely and heartfelt poem. It is both a sad moment and a proud moment when you realise your children are growing up.

Thankyou for linking up to Wednesday Words. Xx

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast, don't they? And children seem so much more aware of themselves than we ever were.

Nice write.

PS - I came from dVerse via the link you left, so it does work :-) Hope to see you back there.