Friday 3 June 2016

Sing the Lord's Prayer with toddlers

I love a challenge especially ones combining poetry, singing and kids.  This challenge was to adapt a nursery rhyme to the words of The Lord's Prayer and was started a few years ago here.  But as I was preparing for our Messy Church on Sunday I revisited what I'd created and made a few alterations.  Rachel and I have tested it to destruction and we both think it works really well now.


Let me present .....

The Lord's Prayer sung to the tune of Incy Wincy Spider.


1. Our Father in heaven
2. hallowed be your name
3. Your commands be done  
4. on earth just as in heaven
5. Give us our bread today
6 and Forgive us all our sins
7. as we forgive all of those
8. who might sin against us …

1. Please keep us true and
2. Not doing it all wrong
3. deliver us from evil
4. Within us and without
5. For the kingdom, the power 
6. and the glory all are yours
7. Now and for ever
8. Amen Amen Amen


No comments: