Saturday, 19 March 2011
Planning when to preach
As an LLM not yet licensed I don't have an official ministerial agreement. That's not a problem, Things work great without one, in fact I'm not sure it will be anything more than bureaucracy (don't tell anyone I said so).
So the way things work when planning services is the following:
- N calls me and asks when I'd like to preach/lead/preside
- I look through my diary and exclude weeks I'm doing Sunday school
- I am clear about my weekend off (when we go to our flat)
- N highlights any services that need filling to see if I can help
- We agree one 1130 leading and one 930 preaching in the month
- N might also ask about my availability for special service eg holy week
Perfect, all are happy.
But it's got me thinking, how do other LLMs/Readers/Curates/NSMs arrange when they will preach, lead and preside?