Thursday 3 March 2011

World book day 2011 


It's world book day, a whole day to celebrate all things books.

I love books, absolutely adore them.  I love the information they impart, the humour they can spill out, the stories they bring to life, the pictures they draw, the emotions they convey, the learning they provide.

So I've been thinking; what are my milestone books?

Favourite Children's book: Winnie the pooh

Favourite teenage book: anything by judy bloom

First real adult book: lord of the rings

Favourite adult book: the hobbit

Top three authors: John Grisham, Sebastian Faulks, Bill Bryson

Most used book on the shelf: The Bible

Favourite reference book: The World Atlas

Book that changed my life: called or collared

Book I buy for others: the good enough mother

Book I first saw on stage: wind in the willows

Current book: No and Me


I'd love to hear your selections, please share.  Happy world book day.  Happy reading.  Off to switch on my kindle right now.

3 comments:

Red said...

I love WBD too, apart from having to find costumes for the kids for school for slightly odd characters!
I always find lists like these so hard as I never have 'one' favourite anything, particularly with books. I always have about 3 on the go and a stack next to the bed waiting to be read!! That said I love Shakespeare and one of my other faves is 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee - first read it at school when studying for GCSEs and have read it loads since.
Another good one I read recently is 'Redeeming Love' by Francine Rivers. A love story, but based on the book of Hosea, very interesting and provoked great discussion at my book club!

Laura said...

Thanks for the follow. Now following both of your blogs:)

Laura
www.agoddessoffrugality.com

Angie (Wallabygold Accessories) said...

Favourite Children's book: The BFG - Roald Dahl

Favourite adult book: Jane Eyre

Favourite authors: Robin Hobb

Current book: minishopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm returning the favour.

www.mywallabygold.com/blog and
www.mywallabygold.blogspot.com

Have a good weekend :)