Friday 14 October 2011

Babyloss Remembrance Service Songs

Service of Remembrance for babies lost before or shortly after birth.

3pm on Saturday 15th October 2011 at St Nicolas, Earley.

These are some of the words from some of the songs that will be part of the service tomorrow.

“My Baby” by Julie McMinn.
Jesus as you hold my precious baby in your arms
Can you whisper words to her for me
Hold her close and breathe my love into her velvet ear
Press a gentle hand against her cheek

Held in perfect love
Sheltered in the everlasting love
Cradled to your chest
Kept in faithful refuge from all storms
Held in perfect love…….


 
“Angel” by Sarah McLachlan.
In the arms of the angels
Fly away from here…….

In the arms of the angels
May you find some comfort here…….


“Precious Child” by Karen Taylor-Good
In my dreams, you are alive and well
Precious child, precious child
In my mind, I see you clear as a bell
Precious child, precious child…..

In my heart you live on,
Always there, never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
And though it may be true that we’re apart
You will live forever
In my heart….


“Amazing Grace” by London Community Gospel Choir
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
than when we've first begun.

No comments: