Thursday 27 October 2011

St Pauls' Unsaintly Behaviour

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

St Pauls London has hit a new low by accepting the resignation of Canon Giles Fraser, was there no way to mediate inside the church in order to mediate with those outside the church and help them mediate with those they feel abandoned by?

What sort of example is the church providing?
Would Jesus be ignoring the problems and turning social issues away from his house?

How difficult would it be to communicate openly with the protectors so that St Pauls could remain open and host the location for protest?

I may be idealistic and politically and bureacratically naive; but I am dismayed to see the Church of England in this situation. The actions over the last week have given the impression that St Pauls is closed to the public (except those who pay to visit), uninterested in the social issues of our day and incapable of working together to find a solution for all.

I despair, really I do.
I wish Giles Fraser well and hope his light will shine brightly in the future of his ministry.

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Well said. I couldn't agree more.