Thursday 27 October 2011

Tests and testimonies

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Smith Wigglesworth was one of the pioneers of the Pentecostal revival started in the USA a century ago.  He had a deep intimacy with his heavenly Father and an unquestioning faith in God’s Word brought spectacular results and provided an example for all true believers of the Gospel.

He wrote

‘Great faith is a product of great fights.  

Great testimonies are the outcome of great tests.  

Great triumphs can only come out of great trials.’


Well I've had fights and disagreements and challenges in my faith many times in life and I agree, coming through it does make your faith stronger.

I have been tested in my faith, in my decisions and in my calling and indeed I have been stirred to share my testimony of faith and calling, something I never imagined would happen.

And as for trials, I've had a few of them, but I don't feel any sense of triumph; the triumph is in my reliance of faith.

No comments: