Sunday 2 October 2011

Blobbity blob blob blob

No I haven't lost the power of speech, I'm talking the language of blob as any self-respecting children or youth worker will know. Or more aptly, the non-language of blob.

Have no idea what I'm going on about? Then I recommend reading this page of Pip Wilson's blog she's the developer of blobs.

It all started for me with the blob tree itself
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This diagram provides such opportunity for anyone of any age to share how they feel about themselves or a situation. Without the need for words, the blobs themselves represent a variety of forms and types. I've used it myself to understand my emotions and it's powerful in Children's work.

Then at Greenbelt this year Pip provided this blob diagram
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

With an invitation to explore feelings and experiences beforehand and at Greenbelt. I hope they do this again because it was great fun.

And this week blobs were the order of the day, outside in the sunshine, at self esteem club. I always join in the activities we undertake with the kids; it helps them and is giving for me as well. This time we did a new blob activity, with balloons lifting the blob into the sky. We worked on all the positive, uplifting thongs about ourselves and the fun things we do; and also had a few balloons with things we'd like to change, which we dropped away. It's easier if you can see mine:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

If you've never used a blob and talked the language of blob then have a go, it's simple yet powerful and a whole load of fun.

No comments: