Thursday 11 October 2012

9th October 2012 Luke 10:38-end

At the Home of Martha and Mary

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Marthaopened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Xxxxxxxx

Are you Mary or are you Martha?
I used to be such a busy worrier all the time but then I learned to get things into proportion and to rest occasionally.  I'm definitely more Martha than Mary but I'm getting better.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mom said...

Good reminder scripture for me today. I'm definitely more Martha than Mary... sometimes it is a struggle to be more like Mary.