Monday 15 October 2012

Resources for Babyloss Services

Following my talk at Greenbelt 2012 "Miscarriage; a baby dies, how do we mourn?" I have been working away at plans to help churches support families grieving the death of their babies who die before or shortly after birth.

Today, on Babyloss Awareness Day which culminates in the International Wave of Light at 7pm, I am thrilled to be able to release the resources I have put together to help anyone organise or request a babyloss service.


These resources centre around a Liturgy for a Service of Prayer for Babies who die before birth.  This liturgy is designed to help parents and ministers to arrange a service of remembrance, especially where the provision of a funeral is not possible or appropriate.   It might also be used as the basis for an anniversary service or a service of annual remembrance.

The key to bringing a service a prayer or service of remembrance together are to gather music, hymns, readings and poems which mean something to the bereaved family.  However it can be fantastically useful to provide some options from which the family can choose.  Hence, the resources for babyloss services.

My aim is to keep these resources current; therefore if you have a poem, song or reading which touched you when you were putting together a service of prayer and remembrance please let me know and I will include it.
God Bless.

Poems for Babyloss Services.
I prayed to God today
Baby's Secret
Memories
Never Held
Small Sparks of Life
Snowdrop

Hymns for Babyloss Services.
Abide with Me
Amazing Grace
Be Thou my Vision
How Great thou Art
Make me a channel of your Peace
Praise my soul the King of Heaven
The Lord's my Shepherd

Music for Babyloss Services.
Angel (Sarah McLachlan)
I made it through the rain (John Barrowman)
My Baby (Julie McMinn)
Over the Rainbow (Eva Cassidy)
Precious Child (Karen Taylor Good)
There you'll be (Faith Hill)
Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton)


No comments: