Thursday 18 October 2012

Time for Tea #100wcgu

Oh no it can't be true
can't be that time already
where has the afternoon gone?
how will I ever get ready?

I mustn't be late in the playground
Mustn't be last mum picking up
But how am I going to get there
When I haven't finished my cup

You see I need to finish this cuppa
of tea that gives me the strength
to make it through the evening
as it extends for hours in length

At last I can see the bottom
I could read the leaves if I try
Now I have to run up that hill
If only I could fly



This poem was written as part of 100 word challenge for grown ups at Julia's Place with the prompt
…it can’t be that time….

3 comments:

judee said...

Very nice, and such a true feeling, trying to get just one more minute of sustenance before the rest of the day intrudes. I imagine any mom can relate to this.

Anonymous said...

This deserves a second cup. Very nice. :)

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Loved it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment on the story.