Saturday 27 October 2012

Where will we wait?

Where will we wait
When we come to the end
Will it be at pearly gates
Or will it be in arms of a friend

Will we know the change
Or will it be completely natural
I pray it won't involve pain
As we progress into the eternal

All that I know
About the end of our lives
Is that God will be waiting
Just as each of us arrives

This poem was written as part of alphabe-Thursday at Jenny Matlocks Blog for the letter W on the day of a friends funeral and in remembrance of her.


6 comments:

SarahBeth said...

I think we all wonder -- my belief is that it will be completely natural and a very loving welcome home.
It's a beautiful poem to remember your friend.

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

Jenny said...

Oh my.

this was thought provoking, my dear.

I just hope wherever I wait, it is in peace and not in pain.

Thank you for a wonderful link.

A+

LLM Calling said...

Thanks, I'm sure it'll be perfect as well. Thanks for popping by

LLM Calling said...

So glad could help. Good luck

LLM Calling said...

Me too, thanks for the high grade :)