Sunday 22 April 2012

The Diet that never fails

Although it might kill you!

I saw this poster from the 1950s on pinterest and for a split second thought, now there's a good idea. It's NOT a good idea, it's a VERY BAD idea but those of us with eating disorders get some weird ideas in our heads sometimes.

Can you believe, is it possible, that swallowing Tape Worms was a diet craze in the 1950s?

Sure you'd loose weight, but you also have a good chance of permanently damaging your intestine or DEATH!

Apparently Maria Callas the opera singer lost over 4 stone this way, but there's also a good chance that's an urban myth.

So the questions remain
1. Was this a real poster?
2. Did real women ever resort to so drastic a diet?
3. Is it something people are still willing to try?

I pray not, I'm thankful I only thought it for a split second before coming to my senses.

Sure this is a diet that never fails, but no one needs to loose weight THAT much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This post could not be written much better! Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He continually kept preaching about this. I'll forward this post to him. Fairly certain he'll have a great read. Thanks for sharing!
My web site :: rapid weight loss