Thursday 14 March 2013

Reasons to be cheerful #r2bc

Although I'm still quite ill
And my depression isn't gone
I've many reasons to be cheerful
This is list is surprisingly long

I'm thankful for my husband
For all the support he gives
Even when we're arguing
Because I'm tricky to live with

I'm thankful for my daughter
For understanding about me
Although it can curtail her
She stays pretty happy

I'm thankful for my friends
Who keep walking alongside
They must wish I'd pull it together
Or go away and hide

I'm thankful for the sunshine
Bringing warmth to us today
For the newly growing garden
And the fun of outside play

I'm thankful for God's company
Through all life's ups and downs
Knowing I'm never really alone
Helps me smile instead of frown

Xxxxx

Linked up at reasons to be cheerful.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely poem and way to give thanks. Sorry you're feeling bad still but I'm glad you have such good friends and family to help you. God Bless

Hannah said...

Hope you feel lifted reading this post over to yourself when things feel dark. I hope you can feel better soon. You are very blessed to be able to see many good things. A lovely post x

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Beautifully written, I love how you put it into a poem. Have a good weekend x

kateonthinice said...

You have a talent there. Marketable I am sure if you wanted to take that line. Reminiscent of Helen Steiner Rice etc.
Well done you and hope the sunshine is helping you

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I hope the poem made you feel better - yes, those are all wonderful reasons to smile...especially your beautiful and happy daughter...but it is okay to feel sad, too, sometimes.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely poem, very honest x

Lous Lake Views said...

How clever of you to put you thoughts into a poem. A lovely honest post

Jim said...

Five comforting thoughts here, Emma. Your poet did good with this.

Thank you for the OSI prompt word, it was fun.
..

MsXpat said...

may you list of good things continue to grow. Be strong :0)

The Rambling Pages said...

Beautiful poem and great reasons x

Travel with Chamz Chamen said...

There are so many reasons to be happy.

http://www.travelwithchamz.com/

mamaowl said...

Wonderful reasons, beautifully expressed x

Melanie McDonald said...

Beautiful post, thanks for being so honest :) x

seasiderinthecity said...

That is beautiful! Thank you for joining in x

MichelleTwinMum said...

What a great poem, wishing you well Emma. Mich x