Friday 1 March 2013

Rewind

So many great moments
            happen all of the time
I wish I could just
            stop the clocks and rewind
I know that in the future
            I'll wish to recall
Each one of these times
            as my memory I trawl
Times with my girl
            when she was just a babe
Or when as a toddler
            she would rarely be brave
The days as a family
             relaxing together
And times in the sea
             feeling light as a feather
But it's just not possible
             to get life to rewind
So I'll take photos and videos
             all of the time

Xxxxx

Linked up at real toads.
This is just one great memory captured on photograph.

7 comments:

Mixi said...

This was such a sweet poem, and the photo just made me go Awwwww. Excuse me while I call my mum...

Margaret said...

Oh, how true this is! We want to hold on to them, freeze time, but then... well. It IS fun watching them sprout and grow wings, too. I have two who have flown pretty much.... but still four chicks at home. :)

Marian said...

there you are! what a sweet photo, and what a sweet (and true) sentiment.

Ella said...

Beautiful sentiment! You daughter is adorable~ :D
I love seeing you~
how fun!

Susie Clevenger said...

This is so sweet..there are so many memories with my girls I wish I could rewind.

Kerry O'Connor said...

She is definitely her mother's daughter! What a lovely photo of the two of you. It really captures the moment.

Unknown said...

Emma! I love this moment, especially with the hindsight I enjoy as the mother of adult children. I also love what I know your future holds. So many heart warming moments!