Monday 7 December 2015

Excited about cities unlocked project @futurecitiescat #blind

Have you heard of the cities unlocked project?

"Cities Unlocked draws on the expertise of Future Cities Catapult, Guide Dogs and Microsoft. We've come to understand the mobility challenges faced by people with sight loss in our cities. In response we've developed a new soundscape technology and highlighted further opportunities for innovation that could unlock cities for everyone."

I've been amazed how scary the world is now I can't see it very well.  Mike in particular has been shocked at how hesitant I am to go new places because I just can't figure out what's going on; even the school fair was a terrifying experience because there was too much noise and people and obstacles everywhere.

The demonstrator page on the project gives me hope that I will learn how to go new places and be supported by technology to do it independently again.

No comments: