Saturday 26 December 2015

Hearing meets poetry #haiku

Last night as I woke for the umpteenth time* I was amazed by the sound of the sea.  It was deep and resonating and it stirred poetry within me.  I tried to get back to sleep but the words needed to be written down; and they have become a number of haiku poems.

You can find them on LLM Calling here if you'd like to read them. 

I've noticed how much more acute my hearing seems, even in my not so great ear. I don't think it's a physical thing, I'm sure it's the brain using whatever sense it can harness now my sight is so depleted.  I've heard about it many times, but it's truly extraordinary to live through.  I also feel sound more than I've ever noticed before, not just bass notes but all sorts of sound and it often creates images in my mind.  I am interested to explore how I can share these images other than through words, I'll keep you informed of course.


* this is the new normal to wake with pain every time I move and I've always moved a lot in my sleep

No comments: