Monday 8 October 2012

Monday 8th October Daybook

I have noticed that over the last few months I have been finding it harder and harder to keep it "in the day".  When I spend too much time in my past, or worse looking too far ahead and worrying into the future, then I loose perspective.  I also find that staying in the day helps me listen to God better. 

Isn't it funny how you'll stumble upon something that can help when you're in need; I like to call them God-incidences.  The Simple Woman's Daybook has been my God-incidence today and I'm so thankful that I can follow her format for being purely For Today.  Here goes.

Outside my window... it's raining, raining really hard.  This is Autumn in the UK, a steady grey cloud cover and lots of rain.

I am thinking... that this rain will at least be good for our pumpkin, I hope it will help it swell even more over the last few weeks of it's cycle.

I am thankful... to have a morning on my own to think and be and prepare for the week ahead.

In the kitchen... there are some amazing chocolate and banana muffins, I'm looking forward to having one at lunch time.

I am wearing...  Black today; not purposely but purely because I need to do some washing.  There is a shiny design on my top though so I don't look too much like I'm off to a funeral.

I am creating... A meditation for Reflective Space at church tomorrow evening.

I am going... To Noah's Ark@St Nics toddler group and service in an hours time.

I am wondering... How many families will come along; it could be a lot who are avoiding the rain; but on the other hand it's always tempting to stay at home on days like this.

I am reading... African Dawn at the moment and loving it.

I am hoping... That Rachel's toe isn't too sore today and she doesn't do anything silly on it.

I am looking forward to... going swimming tomorrow.

I am learning..... that there are never enough hours in the day to do everything I'd like.

Around the house... there's a load of washing to be hung up to dry.

I am pondering... pretending the washing isn't there and focussing on my writing instead.

A favorite quote for today... You'll never look back at your life regretting that your house wasn't clean enough.

One of my favorite things... Listening to Beatles Music - that's on in the background.

A few plans for the rest of the week ..... seeing friends, spending a few hours with youngest godson, a weekend with lots of time for Mike.

A peek into my day...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that quote! I think I may need to put that up in every room of my house! Can you convince my husband of that? :)