Wednesday 18 February 2015

#40acts act #1 starting line @40acts


Again this year I am joining 40acts throughout Lent.  The plan is to have 40 days of giving back, doing good and living generously.  Today we are at the starting line and I have found 10 minutes with Rachel to "Start a journal. Keep a list of all the people you'd like to bless this Lent, and use it to document all the things you learn over the next 40 days."  It won't surprise you to hear that my journal is right here on my blog, so welcome to my journal.



Rachel has a beautiful new book for her journal and I am secretly wishing I had one too, but I know it wouldn't get used because I prefer to have somewhere I can access on the go through my phone.

Of 40 days
This is day one
It starts with a list
We have just begun

40 people
we'd like to bless
through the next 40 days
one after the next

it starts with friends
both far and near
then progresses to those
in a wider sphere

in fact it's tough
to keep to 40
so I'll probably keep going
until I am complete

I can't write here
there names of course
that would be weird
for both of us

so I'll just say now
that my journal is started
and off I sail
through lent uncharted

No comments: