Wednesday 7 September 2011

Strange Dream

I had the strangest dream last night, it left me feeling perplexed and a little disturbed.  Here it is:

One huge eye coming from the church ceiling made me shrink in fear, my eyes started bleeding.  Arms with scaly hands and talons came out from the walls, making me weave up and down the aisle to avoid them.  A huge staring crowd were at the door not letting me out, they weren't angry but staring in a threatening way.

Well thanks to my spiritual director I have some clarity about what my subconscious is worried about.

I know I'm called by God.
I enjoy my ministry in the parish.
I'm excited to be licensed.

But ....
I am a free spirit, I like following Gods call on my life wherever that takes me and the "church's" bracketing and organising of ministry feels constraining.  

It's the process I'm fearful of, not the ministry; and that I'll take one step at a time.

No comments: