Monday 27 April 2020

Dreaming in Low Whispers



Whilst stuck at home Not allowed to roam I dream in low whispers About outside adventures Along gently rolling rivers Where tame forest creatures Come right up to me No fear to see I hold out my hand On back legs they stand They're scanning my face "Why are you in our place?" They don't wait for an answer No time to find my camera They lift off on a kite A truly amazing sight Through purple skies I can't believe my eyes Holding onto a spoon They head for the moon I squeeze my eyes tight What I see can't be right No one will believe Think I've take leave Of my senses What will be the consequences? If I tell it as fact I'll need to use more tact Make a poem or a story Seeped in allegory To share my joy To every girl and boy Who will allow imagination To enter my creation Bringing back to life What happened that night

No comments: