Monday 27 April 2020

Together Included



Frustration is something
I know lots about
For years not been able
To just rush out

Have had to plan
To check and scout
Could make me mad
Enough to shout

This is normal
For many like me
Who live with ill health
Or disability

We have had to accept
The disconnect
From a busy society
That values vitality

Excluded from places
Like museums and churches
I bet you're surprised
But we're often left outside

So we accept our lives
Inside and online
Just as deep and wide
Connections we find

Now the rest of the world
Is equally constricted
It's interesting to hear
The complaint "I'm restricted"

I know how you feel
I remember the pain
Of adjusting to life
Severely restrained

My hope is that after
This situation is over
You'll still remember
The joy of being together

That you will make changes
To exclusive arrangements
So we're no longer excluded
But together, included

No comments: